Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions from our customers. If you have a question that is not answered below, please contact us and we will be glad to assist you personally
What is the cost of shipping?
The cost of shipping has many factors. We can ship anywhere in the USA and other countries. It would depend on the location of where the hospital beds/stretchers and furniture are going. Also, the quantity has a lot to do with the shipping cost. The customer can also handle the shipping on their end. Please contact our Sales Department at (336) 386.1040 for all shipping quotes.
What is the difference between refurbished and reconditioning?
According to Merriam-Webster Refurbish is “to repair and make improvements to (something, such as a building). Recondition is “to return (something) to good condition by repairing it, cleaning it, or replacing parts.
What is your recondition process?
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame is visually inspected for bent or broken parts. Any bent or broken parts are repaired or replaced so that operating features function properly.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame is completely disassembled.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame is cleaned. All stickers and/or decals are removed, if necessary.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame, arm rails and pans (if applicable) is sanded completely in a separate room.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame and parts are then cleaned again to remove any dust or dirt.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame, arm rails, and pans are painted in a professional paint booth. If necessary, they are baked dry. They are left to dry for 24 hours before they are touched again.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame is then reassembled to include the following NEW parts, IF NECESSARY: *OEM casters and assembly for new brake and steer *Plastic wheel covers and arm rail plastics *Head and Foot Boards with your choice of inserts in each *Labels and/or decals *Capacitors and motor grease is replaced *Couplers
- The circuit boards are tested with 1 year replacement warranty.
- A final inspection of the hospital bed/stretcher operating features are rechecked and electrical safety tested to ensure the hospital bed/stretcher is performing to manufacturers’ standards.
- The hospital bed/stretcher is shipped and wrapped in protective plastic. It is then blanket wrapped and can be positioned in custom stands for stability. Head and foot boards are shipped in boxes unattached to the Hospital Bed frame.
What are your hours of operation?
Our hours of operation are 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
What is Piedmont Medical’s Warranty?
Warranty statement: Piedmont Medical Inc. guarantees its products to be free from defects in parts and workmanship for a period of one year from the original date of purchase. Claims for transit damage or defective merchandise should be reported immediately upon receipt. Our warranty does not cover consequential damages, wear and tear, or damage caused by improper installation or misuse of product.
Who is Piedmont Medical?
Piedmont Medical, Inc. is the predominate supplier of reconditioned Hill-Rom, Stryker, Savion and Midmark brands for hospital beds, stretchers, ICU and birthing beds. Founded in 1992, Piedmont Medical is distinguished by its’ solid reputation for delivering high quality reconditioned products to many medical markets through an extensive inventory of pre-owned hospital beds and stretchers. In keeping with the demands of the healthcare industry, Piedmont Medical, Inc. also offers an extensive line of new patient room furniture and guest seating to compliment our reconditioned medical equipment. Piedmont Medical proudly manufactures bed parts, accessories and attachments to supply our customers with viable options for product updates and renovations. Piedmont Medical, Inc. headquarters is located in Dobson, NC and is comprised of a team of loyal employees focused on providing quality workmanship, on-hand inventory levels and unbeatable service to its customers. Piedmont Medical’s products are available on-line and through other worldwide distribution channels. Multi-lingual sales assistance is available to all customers.
What is your mission Statement?
MISSION STATEMENT “Ensuring that our customers receive VALUE through our commitment to quality products and efficient core business principles while effectively responding to opportunities with a sense of urgency.”
Do you have special offers?
Yes, we do! You can find out about special offers by calling us at 1-800-433-3255 (USA) or 1-336-386-1040 (International).
Where are your products reconditioned?
All our products are reconditioned in the U.SA.