Reconditioned Birthing Hospital Beds
At Piedmont Medical, we recondition birthing hospital beds to meet the safety and comfort needs of expecting mothers and health-care professionals. No two birthing experiences are the same, and it’s important to have a birthing bed that care teams can adapt to meet the mother and baby’s needs.
Adjust the position of the upper and lower sections of the bed to move mothers into positions that offer the best labor support. Accessories, such as a labor bar, support mothers’ bodies through the stages of labor.
We test every birthing bed, then meticulously repair, replace, and reassemble it. Safety and reliability are crucial, so we reassemble the bed with new parts if necessary, such as OEM casters for smooth steering and responsive braking.
Our Hill-Rom and Stryker birthing beds have convenient controls, ergonomic designs, and comfort-enhancing features. Shop our selection today for reconditioned birthing hospital beds.
State of the Art Reconditioning Process
- The hospital bed frame is visually inspected for bent or broken parts. Any bent or broken parts are repaired or replaced so that operating features function properly.
- The hospital bed frame is completely disassembled.
- The hospital bed frame is cleaned. All stickers and/or decals are removed, if necessary.
- The hospital bed frame, arm rails and pans (if applicable) is sanded completely in a separate room.
- The hospital bed frame and parts are then cleaned again to remove any dust or dirt.
- The hospital bed frame, arm rails, and pans are painted in a professional paint booth. If necessary, they are baked dry. They are left to dry for 24 hours before they are touched again.
- The hospital bed frame is then reassembled to include the following NEW parts, IF NECESSARY: *OEM casters and assembly for new brake and steer *Plastic wheel covers and arm rail plastics *Head and Foot Boards with your choice of inserts in each *Labels and/or decals *Capacitors and motor grease is replaced *Couplers
- The circuit boards are tested with 1 year replacement warranty.
- A final inspection of the hospital bed operating features is rechecked and electrical safety tested to ensure the hospital bed is performing to manufacturers standards.
- The hospital bed is shipped and wrapped in protective plastic. It is then blanket wrapped and can be positioned in custom stands for stability. Head and foot boards are shipped in boxes unattached to the hospital bed frame.